Our History

Our History

1957

Founded by ten families in Livermore.

1962

Rented a handsome old manion on First Street in Livermore.

1977

Bought our current building on Vasco road. It previously housed a branch of the Baptist church.

1981

Called our first permanent minister, Rev. Elizabeth Selle Jones and reorganized as the Unitarian Universalist Church in Livermore (UUCiL).

1996

Rev. Selle Jones retires and a formal search process ends with the arrival of Rev. Eric Meter.

2002

Added a religious education wing and a multi-purpose building, to form the campus as it exists today.

2007

Rev. Meter accepts a ministry position in Ohio. After two years of interim ministries, Rev. Lucas Herget becomes our new settled minister.

2017

Rev. Lucas Hergert accepts a position in Deerfield, Illinois. 

2019

Following a successful search, we welcome Rev. Eleanor Kilpatrick as our new minister.