Religious Exploration and Fellowship at UUCiL
The Director of Religious Exploration and Fellowship and the Religious Education volunteers of UUCiL collaborate to design and implement lifespan Religious Education (RE) programs for children, youth, and adults of all ages.
Our Adult Religious Education programs include classes on Unitarian Universalist theology and values, how to cultivate spiritual practices, and embodied spirituality.
Our Religious Education programs for children and youth include Sunday RE classes, youth activities, and family events. Through Religious Education at UUCiL, our children and youth learn about themselves and their community, experience ritual, develop spiritual practices, and learn about diverse spiritual traditions.
As Religious Educators, we focus on living out our values of compassion, justice, and generosity with the following goals in mind:
- Experience moments of wonder and awe together
- Nurture open hearts, minds, and spirits
- Create safe spaces to ensure everyone’s well-being
- Welcome the diversity of the human family
- Create brave spaces ot bring our whole selves and learn together
- Utilize and share the collective wealth of our Unitarian Universalist experience and perspective
- Instill a desire and a capacity to be change agents in our world
We offer childcare for infants and toddlers from 10:15am to 12:00pm on Sunday mornings.
We invite children and youth to begin their time with us on Sundays by joining adults for the first portion of our worship service, where we have a weekly Time For All Ages that features a story related to our worship theme of the week. After the Time For All Ages, children and youth are encouraged to attend their own time of Religious Education in our RE building.
We have coloring materials and fidget toys available in the sanctuary for children and youth to use during their time in worship.